Carpet Cleaning Service - New Orleans
Carpet Care Tips
Most manufacturers of carpet recommend cleaning at least once per year and in fact, most require you to clean your carpet every 18 months by a professional carpet cleaning company that uses hot water extraction, or your warranty will be voided.
Today’s carpets are engineered to capture and hold particulate soils that may not be visible but can damage carpet due to their abrasive nature. Your carpet actually performs as a very good filter removing particulates from the air so that they do not become airborne. Just like any other type of filter, carpets need to be cleaned or a buildup of soil will occur.
Rainbow International® of New Orleans Service Professionals follow the Institute of Inspection Cleaning & Certifications (IICRC) standards for Professional Carpet Cleaning, which involve six steps: these steps are:
2. Application of a detergent pre-spray that will suspend the soils from the carpet fibers
3. Agitation of the pre-spray so that the detergent actually contacts the soils
4. Hot water rinsing using a high-efficiency, truck-mounted cleaning system
5. Grooming of the carpet fibers to provide for a uniform look
6. Drying – Carpets take up to 2 to 6 hours to dry completely, depending on the degree of soiling and type of carpet
Over the life of your carpet some repair may be required from time to time. These repairs may consist of burn repairs, loose carpet and seams, damaged transition strips, or stains that cannot be removed with professional cleaning.
Your Rainbow International Service Professional will be able to perform these repairs while he is in your home, saving you the frustration of having to call your installer. Please take the time to point out these problem areas to the service provider when they arrive.