Top 10 Questions to Ask Your Water Loss Mitigation Contractor
1. Is your company certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning & Restoration Certification (IICRC)?
2. Are your technicians, who perform the work, trained and IICRC certified in water damage restoration and do they show their certification card to the property owner?
3. What system of drying do you provide in order to dry the structure quickly with little or no replacement of structure materials on a clean-water loss?
4. What type of vacuum unit and specialty extraction tools do you use?
5. How do you know you have adequately extracted the carpet and cushion on a clean-water loss?
6. What type of air movers and dehumidifiers do you use?
7. How do you determine how much drying equipment to leave at each job?
8. What types of meters do you use to test moisture content in structure materials like carpet and cushion, sub-floors, wood, concrete, tile, and drywall?
9. What type of documentation do you give the property owner to prove to them you dried the structure properly and that it was returned to a pre-loss condition that will not promote mold growth?
10. How do you keep the affected areas in the structure separate from the unaffected areas?