When spring appears, so does the sunshine – and with that often it becomes obvious how unclean your house actually is. The sun filtering in seems to just bounce off the dust and grime.
If you are ready for a spring clean, you may find these tips useful in achieving an immaculate home. Make sure to play some lively, summer music to keep your spirits high.
- Wash windows by using newspaper instead of paper towel or a cloth that may streak
- Flip and rotate your mattress to keep wear and tear even on all sides. Now is a good opportunity to vacuum the mattress as well.
- Wash curtains and wipe down all blinds
- Pull everything out of your fridge to clean – and don’t forget to toss any condiments that have expired
- Run the dishwasher through with no dishes to clean out the working parts
- Dust before you vacuum or wash floors as the particles will settle on the ground
- Wash all pillows and comforters/quilts to rid them of pollen and dust
- Disinfect cutting boards and organize all cupboards holding dishes and pots and pan – recycle ones you never use
- Steam clean all upholstery – if you are renting a machine do your car at the same time!
- Wash or replace all indoor and outdoor mats
- Unpack summer clothes and air them out. Use this opportunity to pack up winter clothes, and get rid of what you didn’t wear all season.
- Pull out both the stove and fridge to vacuum and clean behind
- Wash and repair all outdoor furniture
- Clean your garbage disposal by running it with ice cubes and citrus peels inside
- Make sure to have maintenance done on your air conditioner
- Clean your mops, brooms and even garbage cans – prevent more mess from being pushed around your home
Once you are finished cleaning – remember to reward yourself with a nice glass of lemonade in your sparkling clean home!