It is becoming more and more important for us to reduce pollution and help save our environment. Read these tips and tricks to help your family get started on a new eco-friendly lifestyle!
- Save water by decreasing your shower time – or take a bath. It uses less water.
- Brush your teeth with the water off.
- Recycle – most things can be recycled now days including junk mail, cell phones, paper products, plastic, etc.
- Switch from paper and plastic bags to reusable bags and totes.
- Forget the electric or gas dryer, and air dry your clothing.
- Unplug your appliances when you leave the house to save energy (and prevent a fire hazard).
- Use refillable beverage containers instead of disposable water bottles.
- Opt for direct deposit, online banking, and paperless statements to reduce paper use.
- Purchase fresh fruits and vegetables, instead of jarred, canned, or frozen.
Don’t forget, Earth Day is this coming Sunday, April 22nd. But with these tips you can make everyday Earth Day!