This summer is going to be another warm one, and what better way is there to beat the heat than by splashing around in the pool?
Small children require extra care and attention around water, and by following these tips you can help ensure their safety.
- Secure fencing and a locked entrance around the entire pool and deck to prevent unsupervised children from entering
- Keep toys away from the pool when it is not in use
- Keep chemicals stored in safety containers away from the pool area
- Place plenty of lifesaving equipment nearby, including life preservers and a rescue hook
- Install a loud sounding pool alarm to alert you if someone were to suddenly fall in the pool
- Consider an automatic pool cover to cover the entire pool so that a child can’t slip under them
*On average 390 children ages 0-14 die in pool and spa drownings each year. About 5,200 more are treated for injuries in emergency rooms.